PDA

View Full Version : Area of wall - excluding the opening?

still.james
2010-07-08, 01:08 PM
Hi,

I keep having the problem of working out the area of the wall (well schedule) and it takes away the opening.

this is great, but when im putting into other software i need to add the whole wall, then the openings.

is there a way of auto having the area of the wall regardless of its openings?

3dway
2010-07-08, 04:35 PM
Sorry if it's no help to your specific problem, but I'd like to anyone who knows how to the area tricks with walls to weigh in on also harvesting the area of walls in different situations. Like when one elevation has the cladding cut up into several different materials.

Area of a wall is a huge topic.

For me it's always been about fire exposure and being able to give the authorities having jurisdiction the area of the exposing building face.

aggockel50321
2010-07-08, 05:19 PM
Phasing might be the easiest.

Place all your walls in one phase. Then place the windows & doors in these walls in the next phase. Run a wall schedule for each phase.

You could do a similar setup with design options.

Place your walls in two design options. Add your windows & doors in one of them. Run schedules for both options.

still.james
2010-07-09, 09:39 AM
Phasing might be the easiest.

Place all your walls in one phase. Then place the windows & doors in these walls in the next phase. Run a wall schedule for each phase.

You could do a similar setup with design options.

Place your walls in two design options. Add your windows & doors in one of them. Run schedules for both options.

great idea and what i shall do from now on!!

thanks for the input