PDA

View Full Version : Need help with fireplaces

Dave Lewis
2010-07-09, 01:43 AM
Attached is sketches of the fireplaces to be used in a house
The right image is a corner fireplace and the left is a two sided fireplace to be viewed from two different rooms

I have searched for a family to use as a starting point but have not found anything.
Does anyone have any residential fireplaces they could share?

gwnelson
2010-07-09, 01:22 PM
This is a great opportunity for you to make an in-place model. Build & learn at the same time.

SkiSouth
2010-07-09, 01:36 PM
David, there is a free website that has been around for years - www.revitcity.com. Register there and there is a download section where you will find several fireplace families to get you started. Sometimes I understand there is not time to develop a family for a project, and this is a good place to get a quick jump start on a family. Glenn is right, IF you have time, this is good, though somewhat difficult family to build - you'll need to use a lot of constraints, voids, etc. so a good exercise.

Dave Lewis
2010-07-09, 05:44 PM
Been there done that. Plus checked out seek.
Is this a case of no one wants to share their built family?
Every family I have seen is for a traditional fireplace, not a corner.

twiceroadsfool
2010-07-09, 06:31 PM
I doubt its that at all. But Fireplaces get pretty custom. Theres nothing about them thats significantly difficult to build. At my old office we had one that even had the flue sizes, offsets, thicknesses, number of vents, etc, all parametric... But i dont have it anymore.

you could build one in a matter of fifteen minutes though.

Dave Lewis
2010-07-09, 06:34 PM
If I was a revit pro yes but I am not
Just need a starting point and I have not found any yet that has everything needed

twiceroadsfool
2010-07-09, 06:51 PM
I wouldnt mind getting one put in our office library. If you havent found one by later tonight maybe ill make one here and upload it. But im in a training session all day, so i cant do it this afternoon...

Dave Lewis
2010-07-09, 10:07 PM
I've made a hokey one that looks ok on plan view but it has no vertical information

tropitech
2010-07-10, 09:27 AM
google, google, google...i usually find it faster than waiting for anyone's generosity

anthony.67953
2010-07-10, 09:38 PM
Here is a start