PDA

View Full Version : Project Issue Info on Titleblock from Revision Schedule

twollifur
2010-07-13, 09:37 PM
This may be a stupid question, but how does one get the sheet issue info like "issue for tender" to show up on the titleblock from the Revision Schedule.

If one is issuing a project is the issue information entered in the issue/revision dialogue box in the project and then included in the revision schedule?

I can only get the Issue/revisions to show up if there are revision bubbles linked to it.

Thanks in advance!

Scott Womack
2010-07-14, 12:20 PM
In 2010 and later, you can select the sheet, and there is a place to enter a revision number to be included on the sheet, without placing a part of a revision bubble on the sheet.

twollifur
2010-07-14, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the reply, Scott! Right now, our titleblock uses label parameters "project status" and "project issue date." Then these labels use info from the project (manage>project information) to create the issue information. This works fine for the present issue, but I can't add more labels that allow me to list additional issues.

Our revision schedule is below this and there is a space between the title and the first line, where we put the "project status label." This works fine for one issue, but if there are additional issues (issue for permit, issue for construction, etc.) how would I accomplish this?

I have attached one pdf of what our titleblock looks like in the family editor and a pdf of what the titleblock looks like in the project.

Is this what you were referring to or is there another way to do this?

Thank you!

jj mac
2010-07-14, 05:25 PM
if there are additional issues (issue for permit, issue for construction, etc.) how would I accomplish this?

What we do for 'project issues' is create detail groups using text. We use the revision schedule for revisions. We copy and paste by view all of the groups to all sheets in question. We always show issues by sheet, so there always ends up being different combinations of groups. It might seem like a lot of work, but even with a project that has well over 150 sheets, we only have like, 5 combinations of different groups (so far).

The managment of the groups is the only pain.

It would be REALLY nice to have a better way to do it, but to my knowledge there is no 'project issue' schedule.

is there? Anyone?

twollifur
2010-07-14, 06:20 PM
Thanks JJ James! It's good to know how other offices approach this. I just figured that if there was a "smart" or parametric way to do revisions that there would also be one for issues.

I know that under Manage>project parameters there is a list of "issue date" parameters, but I'm not sure how to incorporate this into a titleblock.

jj mac
2010-07-14, 06:24 PM
I know that under Manage>project parameters there is a list of "issue date" parameters, but I'm not sure how to incorporate this into a titleblock.

Did you set up the project parameters, or was it someone else in your office?

twollifur
2010-07-15, 02:36 AM
The person who set up the project parameters is not at our office any longer, but I would love to learn more about it.

jj mac
2010-07-15, 02:51 PM
I would recommend searching the forum a bit. There are some good threads on it. The reason I asked is because project parameters are basically arbitrary parameters you can set up in your model to provide additional information that is not out of the box.

I treid setting up some project parameters for issues in our template but they were NEVER used by anyone. Even the people in the office that were comfortable with the concept didnt really use them.

Project parameters are something you can add as you go, which is a good thing, then when you have a few projects that use a lot of the same project parameters you will know what to add in the template.

In my opinion, there should be an issues schedule that works like the revision schedule or the drawing list schedule. It's also a key point to note that this would have to be incorporated into the drawing list schedule somehow.

There is a plug in we played around with called "RevitTV". Used it in 2009 but couldn't quite figure it out and people were more comfortable (at the time) just using a drafting view or (cough cough)... CAD.

Anyway thanks for the original post, sorry I couldn't be of too much help.

twollifur
2010-07-16, 01:38 PM
Thanks JJ, I will definitely research project parameters!

Scott, I was also wondering about the "place to enter a revision number to be included on the sheet, without placing a part of a revision bubble on the sheet" that you referred to. We are using 2010, so this should work, but I don't think I know exactly what you are talking about. Could someone clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Scott Womack
2010-07-17, 05:12 PM
I'm not at the office, so I can't load Revit to show you. But in a Sheet view on screen, I can't remeber if it is the titleblock to select, or in blank space around the sheet, but one of them will in the properties of that show a Revision to be included on the sheet. there you can enter a revision sequence number for that sheets revision schedule to list, without placing a revision cloud on the sheet. We use Letters in the revisions history for major revisions, and numbers for addendum, and changes to the drawings.

twollifur
2010-07-21, 01:59 PM
Thank you Scott! I think I found another thread explaining what you are describing.

Here is the link for anybody who comes upon this thread in the future:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=84222

Thanks again for all the help!