PDA

View Full Version : applying materials for differrent spaces on one floor slab

attar82
2010-07-15, 06:02 AM
Dear sir,

Am trying to apply different materials on one for slab foe the spaces that i have, for example ceramic tiles for the bath rooms, plywood for the reception area, marble for the bedrooms. i dont't want to draw a different floor slab for each space. i 've heard that there is something called "splitting zone" that enables me to do this. Hope my question is clear enough

Regards,

Captainkb
2010-07-15, 06:59 PM
Dear sir,

Am trying to apply different materials on one for slab foe the spaces that i have, for example ceramic tiles for the bath rooms, plywood for the reception area, marble for the bedrooms. i dont't want to draw a different floor slab for each space. i 've heard that there is something called "splitting zone" that enables me to do this. Hope my question is clear enough

Regards,

1. Use the room color scheme to hatch the floors different. Very quick. Use a .pat file for tile, wood, marble. Select the floor type in the room properties.

2. Model the material as is ie. 3/8" floor for tile. Model a floor on top of the slab as the material.

3. Split face, select floor, draw path around walls, paint floor in 3d a different material.

Captain