PDA

View Full Version : floor hosted family won't schedule by room

t1.shep
2010-07-15, 03:31 PM
I have a floor hosted family that I'm trying to get into an accessory schedule, and group them by room. The family will show up in the schedule, but it's not grouping it into the rooms that the family is placed in. It's just coming up as a blank room. Every other type of specialty item will schedule correctly.
Anyone run into a similar issue? I think this in the only specialty item that I have in the project that is floor hosted. Is that a possible issue?
All my rooms are set to to ref. level as the base limit, and 8' or 10' for the top limit.
As far as I can tell, my family doesn't have any rouge elements that are way off from the main geometry.

wmullett
2010-07-15, 03:54 PM
Do you have invisible lines in the family that may be outside your room (vertical & horizontal)? Those can throw off where Revit reads the location of the family.

t1.shep
2010-07-15, 04:03 PM
Do you have invisible lines in the family that may be outside your room (vertical & horizontal)? Those can throw off where Revit reads the location of the family.

Nope, no invisible lines. It's a very simple family, just an extruded cylinder and symbolic circle with a yes/no parameter.
The floors that the family is hosted to are set to be room bounding, and I've verified that the family is hosting to the floor, and not the level (has the finish floor is offset from the level datum).

wmullett
2010-07-15, 04:21 PM
The family you show is face based and the host, the floor, is outside the space. You can test this by moving your floor up into the room.

t1.shep
2010-07-15, 04:53 PM
The family you show is face based and the host, the floor, is outside the space. You can test this by moving your floor up into the room.

Can this work the opposite way, by telling the room to have a base offset that goes down below the floor level? Plus I'm still not sure this works to get it to schedule in the room. Upon my troubleshooting, I created a small floor that was offset from the level 2' and well within the room offsets both in plan and elevation. I hosted the trashcan to that new floor, and the trashcan still did not schedule in the room.
It would seem that if the floor hosted family is being hosted by a floor that is room bounding, it won't recognize it as being in the room as the host object is just barely outside the room? It that more or less what you're saying? Because then even if you move the floor up it is still room bounding.
I recreated this family as a generic face based and changed the category and it works just fine.

wmullett
2010-07-15, 09:12 PM
I tested your family in my project. It did not schedule when the top of the floor was at the floor level. When I moved it up, the item scheduled in the correct room.

Change your family.

t1.shep
2010-07-15, 09:19 PM
thanks for taking a look at this. new family it is.