PDA

View Full Version : Elevations References Wrong

jrostar
2010-07-15, 06:23 PM
We've noticed a couple of our interior elevation references pointing in the wrong direction. Quite annoying when we already finished up the interior elevations before realizing the problem. Anyone have an idea of how to fix the problem or maybe where the problem comes from?

New Project, started fresh from 2011. Elevation tags were placed normally, not mirrored or copied.

ron.sanpedro
2010-07-15, 06:41 PM
We've noticed a couple of our interior elevation references pointing in the wrong direction. Quite annoying when we already finished up the interior elevations before realizing the problem. Anyone have an idea of how to fix the problem or maybe where the problem comes from?

New Project, started fresh from 2011. Elevation tags were placed normally, not mirrored or copied.

This is a bug, which autodesk knows about, and will of course "address in a future service pack or release". I told them in the bug report that anything which destroys trust in the "coordinated" aspect of Revit MUST be fixed immediately, as a hot fix. That was a month ago. So much for autodesk giving a rat's hindquarters about the accuracy of their product. Thus far, after asking four or five times, I still don't even have any advice from the factory on how to avoid the problem. In our case we went thru and fixed all the broken stuff, which took hours because we had to create all new elevations, copy annotations from old to new, delete old from sheets and sheet up the new. And a week later some of them where broken again. Thankfully we only have one small project that has broken, but I sure wish autodesk would bother to explain how to avoid this, even if they can't be bothered to actually fix Revit in anything remotely like a timely fashion. I also told them this SHOULD have been a stop ship bug, but the bean counters seem to have a VERY loose definition of good enough. Feces comes to mind as a synonym.

Gordon

akbajwa511572
2011-04-26, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know if this has been fixed?