PDA

View Full Version : Floor boundaries in section

FlipperNic
2010-07-15, 09:14 PM
Well, I've googled around and think I have some good books but here is another problem that eludes me.

I have a 2x6 wall with a brick veneer and a 10" joist coming into it. The floor is a sketched boundary to the exterior edge, but I only want it to go so it covers the core and not the sheathing and veneer. Am I supposed to tweak the floor boundary or is there a setting for this?

FlipperNic
2010-07-15, 09:25 PM
Just as a little more background I created the wall by clicking the inner wall and the option 'extend into core' is checked, but when I look in section it's still balloon framed. If I manually sketches to a snap in the middle of the wall it looks ok in section. So I guess my question is now more what the 'extend into core' option does?

Alfredo Medina
2010-07-15, 11:49 PM
There are several alternatives. One of them is this: edit the structure of the wall type, and unlock the core and interior finish layers. Then, set the top and bottom constrain of the wall as per your levels, then, from a section view, select and pull the core and interior finish layers up or down as necessary. You need to edit the slab to end at outer edge of the core layer. The brick veneer layer will pass in front of the slabs. For a better look, you can eliminate the seam between veneer layers from floor to floor using Join Geometry to join the walls. See illustration.