PDA

View Full Version : Column and wall relation

fjtdogeno
2010-07-16, 10:39 AM
Hi Guys,

I am wandering the above subject in Revit Architecture. What i want to point out here is the hatch of column and wall. I assigned a concrete hatch pattern for my column cut section and brick hatch pattern for my wall cut section. If this 2 component has a gap (not in contact) the hatch is okey, but if its already joined something wrong with the column hatch it became a brick hatch pattern. Is there any tricks for this to fix the hatch?

Please refer to the attached for clear info.

Any help is much appreciated.

cheers

aggockel50321
2010-07-16, 11:13 AM
Architectural columns are set up that way.

Try using a structural column and you'll get it to show the way you want.

fjtdogeno
2010-07-16, 12:12 PM
But structural column cannot be shown the render unless to modify its family. But if you modify the structural column by adding render thickness still have problem in joining to wall, what i mean is the column and wall render must be joined. Please refer to the attached file.

cheers

Alfredo Medina
2010-07-16, 01:37 PM
The finish around the column should be made with a thin wall type with just one component: the finish. See illustration.

fjtdogeno
2010-07-16, 03:42 PM
The finish around the column should be made with a thin wall type with just one component: the finish. See illustration.

Thanks for this tip Alfred. But is the thin wall also be flexible? If you resize the column can be still attached on the face of column?

Alfredo Medina
2010-07-16, 03:59 PM
If the finish walls are aligned and locked to the faces of the column, yes.

fjtdogeno
2010-07-16, 04:24 PM
If the finish walls are aligned and locked to the faces of the column, yes.

Thanks a lot Alfred its working, what i did not able to do is attached the end of wall hitting the column like what you did in your image. I tried but there's a gap between column and wall end. Thanks anyway.

cheers