PDA

View Full Version : Is it Possible: Emptyheaded section cuts in sheets

rtaube
2010-07-16, 02:02 PM
Is it possible to hide all the emptyheaded section cuts in a sheet? Globally?

What that we have 4-5 people working on this project, and often times we make a quick sections just to see how a wall is working, if it's stacking, etc.. Now everytime a section cut is made, a section cut will appear in the sheet (as it should) The section head is empty because it hasn't been placed on a sheet, and presumably never will. So I'm wondering if there is a way to turn of all the empty sections in a sheet (about 30 per view) yet retain the "real" sections, that are shown in our project.

It's not a huge issue to go through individually and hide the ones I want, I'm just curious

Cheers,
Ryan

brethomp
2010-07-16, 02:41 PM
There is the option in the print setup to "Hide unreferenced view tags". This will prevent the view tags from printing, but still be visible in the view.

brethomp
2010-07-16, 02:52 PM
If you would like to hide these tags in the views as well, and all of your sheets start with the same letter, you could use a view filter like the one in the attached image. But then you would need a separate view to draw new sections, and this may be confusing to your team.

cdatechguy
2010-07-16, 02:57 PM
Another option to add to Bret's comment is to create a section type...such as Temporary Sections and create a filter for that section type. Then you can turn them all off if need be with one click...

This actually works really well for the MEP side of things in a model. Create sections based by name of discipline...then you can filter out for example the plumbing sections on a mechanical view.

rtaube
2010-07-16, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-07-16, 05:47 PM
One other tip. Rather than creating numerous extra sections, which tend to clutter the project browser, get users into the habit of creating their own 'working' section view. They can use this one section and move it to wherever they need it.
This works well if no notes or view specific elements are added to the view.