PDA

View Full Version : Error when reloading Adaptive Components

brenehan
2010-07-19, 11:40 AM
I've been occasionally coming across the following error when re-loading an Adaptive Component family into a Mass or other Adaptive component family.
An incompatible version of family
"Family name" is already in use in this project. Cannot load!

I'm using Revit Arch 2011 Web update 1, on a window 7 OS.

I've had it come up with several different families, and all were created from the 2011 family templates.

To get around the problem, I need to delete the family from the hosting file and then you can load the problem family. Boy is it annoying.

Anyone else come up with this or any ideas?

brenehan
2010-07-21, 03:57 PM
So is no one else coming across this problem?
Thanks

Brian

sayjoon45
2010-07-28, 08:41 PM
I am using revt architecture 2010 update 1 with windows xp. 32bit version.

I have made a furniture system family to load, but I am out of luck somehow it is not working. I keep getting same error when reloading. What should I do?

I have deleted it from host file...

Any other way?

Thanks.

brenehan
2010-08-02, 12:16 PM
I've been occasionally coming across the following error when re-loading an Adaptive Component family into a Mass or other Adaptive component family.
An incompatible version of family
"Family name" is already in use in this project. Cannot load!

I'm using Revit Arch 2011 Web update 1, on a window 7 OS.

I've had it come up with several different families, and all were created from the 2011 family templates.

To get around the problem, I need to delete the family from the hosting file and then you can load the problem family. Boy is it annoying.

Anyone else come up with this or any ideas?

I think I can confirm why this is happening with the above.
If you create some placement points / shape handle Points in an adaptive component family and load it into your mass family. Then add a new placement points / shape handle Points in the Adaptive Component family, when you upload it to the Mass family you will get the above message: "Family name" is already in use in this project. Cannot load!"
So when you are creating the origional Adaptive Component Family; ensure you have all the placement points & shape handle Points you need.

dhurtubise
2010-08-02, 07:41 PM
Brian youre right. The problem is that Revit doesnt know what to do with the added points. Unfortunately it will also happen if you remove points.
Notice that you cant swap a family that have a different number of points but Revit will allow you to swap for one that has the same number.

Duncan Lithgow
2014-02-07, 12:25 PM
I have just experienced this error with a very simple family in Revit 2014, not an adaptive components family. The only problem I can find with it is that the family in our library has been overwritten by someone from a project file. But that in itself is not a Revit error, just a break with protocol.

emodderman
2014-02-18, 09:45 PM
I am experiencing this issue with a titleblock logo. I updated the logo family and when I load it into the other sheet sizes it tells me:
"An incompatible version of family "" is already in use in this project. Cannot load!"

But I can't figure out what "" is... I have purged all the files, I have tried renaming things... Nothing works.
Did anyone find a solution? How can I remove "" from my sheets and update the logo?