View Full Version : yes/no visibility formula

EddieFromDc
2010-07-20, 12:28 AM
Hello,

I am trying to toggle the visibility of a single
logo in the titleblock. I am trying to schedule
it with "Sheet List schedule".

I created a shared yes/no parameter called "Logo" and
a text parameter called "Logo visibility".

This is my formula:
= not (Logo Visibility, Logo, Logo)

Its not working for me. Can somebody please correct
me.

I am aware I can swap titleblocks and use visibility
graphics override. I just want to see if this will work.

I plan to toggle keyplans, seals, images etc.This would
be another powerful use of schedules.

Thanks.

Elmo
2010-07-20, 08:10 AM
With a formula that only has 2 objects to toggle on and off all you need to say in 1 of the formula paths is not(Other Parameter). Eg not(Logo Visibilty) .

EddieFromDc
2010-07-20, 12:29 PM
Elmo,

Thank you very much... I'm new to Revit. Do you
think what I'm trying to accomplish (schedule visibility)
will work?

Elmo
2010-07-20, 01:09 PM
It will work but I find that making a parameter like that for a Titleblock a waste of time normally. Although that is my personal point of view. I am sure there are others who would find what your making useful.

EddieFromDc
2010-07-20, 02:11 PM
Elmo,

I was thinking more like for key plans. Say I had 50 sheets
in a project and I know there was at leat 4 people who
worked/modeled on it. And two were new users (We are
all new users in my office) . I would use the schedule to
make sure the keyplans showed up on the sheets where
they're suppose to and off were they're not suppose.

And If I get good at it show that proper shade area/quadrant
if its big building.

Thanks for letting me know that this is going to work.

I hope you dont mind if I continue this thread if I had more
questions on how to achieve this.

Elmo
2010-07-21, 01:46 PM
This place is for information, so ask away. :)

cdatechguy
2010-07-21, 03:46 PM
If you create a shared parameter for the titleblock, remember that you have to add the same parameter to the project file as well. Unfortunately (unless this got fixed in 2011) shared parameters don't follow the titleblock like they do other families.

Charles.Leman
2010-09-02, 10:31 PM
I have a similar problem.

I am trying to drive the visibility of some labels in the titleblock from parameters in the sheets. Although I can create a label that will display the value held by a parameter of the sheet (e.g. the sheet no.), I can't seem to use the value of a shared yes/no parameter in the sheet to drive the visibility of elements in the titleblock...

I need to drive the visibility of an 'issue for coordination only' message box in the titlblock, and I would like to be able to simply select the sheets from the project browser and change several at once (the set has over 100 sheets and growing, changing them 1 at a time is ridiculous) As it stands now, I have to open the sheet view in order to select the titleblock and then go to element properties to click on the check box...

BTW, does anyone know of a way of scheduling the Titleblocks (as opposed to a drawing list, which does not list the titleblock family and type) ?

Alfredo Medina
2010-09-03, 03:39 PM
...I need to drive the visibility of an 'issue for coordination only' message box in the titelblock, and I would like to be able to simply select the sheets from the project browser and change several at once (the set has over 100 sheets and growing, changing them 1 at a time is ridiculous) As it stands now, I have to open the sheet view in order to select the titleblock and then go to element properties to click on the check box...

In the titleblock family, create a label. Make it work with a shared parameter. Assume you name this parameter as "Issue note". Load the titleblock family into the project. Now do: Project parameters > add > select the "Issue note" shared parameter; make it as instance, text, applying to sheets. Now you can select multiple sheets from the project browser. For the sheets that need it, just type in the note in their "Issue note" parameter, and just leave the value blank for the sheets that don't need it.

Charles.Leman
2010-09-03, 04:06 PM
In the titleblock family, create a label. Make it work with a shared parameter. Assume you name this parameter as "Issue note". Load the titleblock family into the project. Now do: Project parameters > add > select the "Issue note" shared parameter; make it as instance, text, applying to sheets. Now you can select multiple sheets from the project browser. For the sheets that need it, just type in the note in their "Issue note" parameter, and just leave the value blank for the sheets that don't need it.

Thank you Alfredo. I thought of that, but one of the labels I am trying to hide is the date/time stamp, so it can't be made blank....

jsteinhauer
2011-02-25, 06:51 PM

Alfredo,

Is there a way to schedule yes/no parameters from a title block? I would like to have a Family Type parameter in my title block for my key plan and lists of consultants. But, I have not been able to figure this one out. I know you can add parameters labels from a shared parameters to the title block & project, but nothing else. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeff S.

mpdiker
2011-02-26, 08:33 AM
Logo ON...............................................................(yes/no, instance)
Logo OFF.........=not(Logo ON).........................(yes/no, instance)
Logo Status......=if(Logo ON, "ON", "OFF").....(text, instance,SHARED)