PDA

View Full Version : TAGGING CAMERA VIEWS ON PLANS

adeuley
2010-07-21, 01:01 PM
I am wondering if there is a way to place a tag on a floor plan that references a camera view. I know I can just place a tag there but I would like something that would update if the tag is moved on the sheet. I was thinking of using a section tag and selecting reference other view but the camera views are not listed there. Anyone have any ideas how to do this? Thanks for your time.

Scott Womack
2010-07-21, 04:19 PM
Currently I don't believe this workflow is supported.

tropitech
2010-07-21, 04:34 PM
maybe an item for the next wishlist, this functionality would be great!

wmullett
2010-07-21, 04:51 PM
A work around could be an elevation marker. Then place the elevation on your sheet - turn off everything in the view and place your 3D view on the sheet above the view title.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-07-21, 06:28 PM
If you go this route then a view template might be the way to go. Just set it up with the visiblity of everything turned off.

nancy.mcclure
2010-07-22, 12:46 AM
I created a short video tutorial for a workaround to referencing 3D views for my previous company (Ideate Inc.) and you can view it here:

http://www.screencast.com/t/8OF5jGdeYxj

Version is R2010, but still applies.

Cheers,

adeuley
2010-07-22, 03:56 PM
Thanks a lot for the video. It showed me some nice shortcuts in the process of doing it. This is defiantly something Autodesk should be working on though. It seems simple to me but then again I'm not a programmer.