PDA

View Full Version : Export Layout Tabs to drawing files

andy
2004-12-15, 10:10 PM
Does anybody know of a way to export or save a layout tab as a drawing file? We are required to do this for a number of our clients and when you have a drawing with 20-30 layout tabs it gets time consuming to do a saveas on each tab and then open up each drawing and then delete the unnecessary tabs and layers and then purge and re-save the file.

I want the new drawing to be what is in Paperspace and only what is on inside the Viewport for Model Space. I don’t want any of the information from any of the other viewports. Does this make sense?

TIA

Mike.Perry
2004-12-15, 10:12 PM
Hi

Check out the following routine from JTBWorld -

LayoutsToDwgs.lsp (http://www.jtbworld.com/lisp/layoutstodwgs.htm)

Have a good one, Mike

Zuke
2011-02-21, 12:14 AM
The LISP is great, does anyone know to alter the linked lisp to grab the first 6 characters of the file name to replace the question asked?

Opie
2011-02-21, 03:29 PM
The LISP is great, does anyone know to alter the linked lisp to grab the first 6 characters of the file name to replace the question asked?
Find this line of text within the code

(setq fileprefix (getstring "Enter filename prefix: "))

and replace with this bit of code

;_ (setq fileprefix (getstring "Enter filename prefix: "))
(setq fielprefix (substr (getvar 'dwgname) 1 6))

malmattos171565
2015-10-08, 01:27 PM
In addition to the prefix, I have to change the code to to add a suffixe?
Even if possible, it would be perfect if I could run the PURGE command before saving each tab.
Can anyone help me?

- - - Updated - - -

In addition to the prefix, I have to change the code to to add a suffixe?
Even if possible, it would be perfect if I could run the PURGE command before saving each tab.
Can anyone help me?