PDA

View Full Version : stacked walls....

Martin P
2004-12-16, 10:30 AM
Great, have wanted these things since I started using Revit and they seem to be really good - foundation plans generating themselves!!...... but they arent behaving very well sometimes :( I counted 18 regens when I split one in plan - they seem very slow to work with too? anyone else finding this sort of thing.

GuyR
2004-12-16, 10:49 AM
Yep, agree. Even the odd crash. All sorts of problems changing properties of the stacked walls once they're are attached. You have to make sure you define the offset correctly , I 've had problems with this.

Stacked walls and hosted sweeps still seem slow compared to most other Revit elements.

Still stacked walls are very useful and I'm sure they'll get better with age :-)

Guy

Martin P
2004-12-16, 11:29 AM
Hmmmmm... now I am getting "serious errors" etc when attaching top and bottom of these walls (when it actually lets me do this). Think I might make this the last project I use these on for a little while till some ironing out is done.

Joef
2004-12-16, 02:57 PM
The stacked walls are great, but I have had very unusual error messages as well. I think the trick is to keep it simple. Getting the walls to clean up at the corners is sometimes a challenge, especially at the foundation level.

aaronrumple
2004-12-16, 03:00 PM
You can always right click and break them apart when the going get's tough...

Martin P
2004-12-16, 03:18 PM
Can you do that! I didnt realise that - maybe I will persevere a bit more with them...... Thanks for the tip Aaron. Even if they are just used as stacked till you split them that is very worthwhile.

aggockel50321
2004-12-16, 04:49 PM
I had a few problems with doors only cutting one host wall, when I substituted in a stacked wall for regular wall. In the help section, it said to select the door, and then use the "select host" tool on the option bar.

I never was able to get this tool to pop up.

I was, however, able to fix the problem by cutting the door & pasting it back in the same place.

cgrover
2005-01-05, 04:59 PM
I'm experiencing similar problems as addressed in this thread. Does anyone know if the latest build has addressed these issues or have any work arounds been developed when we begin experiencing these problems.

Thanks,
grover

hdjohnson
2005-01-05, 05:05 PM
I had problems when placing architectural columns. They seem to want to attach to the footing rather than the wall.

gsHoeflinger
2005-01-10, 05:05 PM
I'm having some similar issues with the stacked walls as well. I guess i am glad the crashes and quirks related to them are not unique to myself. I thought it might be becuase this is a 6.1 model that was upgraded to 7.0

For instance i have a stacked wall with highest portion as a variable.
When the wall is attached to a roof above. Lower sections of the wall, with fixed heights, end up extending to the roof. Not good.
I think i'll just ending up editing the profile so it matches the roof profile.