PDA

View Full Version : View Templates not used

mmiles
2010-07-28, 01:19 PM
Is there a way to determine if a view template is being used, or not? For example I want to delete some view templates as my project has many that seem, for lack of better word, experimental. however, I am not completely sure they are not being used.

I want to take VT in my active project and update my project template. I was hoping to use transfer standards, but then I end up with a bunch of extra templates that are not necessary. So, my thought to limit the list was to first get rid of templates that the current project is not using/needed.

t.i.a.

aggockel50321
2010-07-28, 01:39 PM
You can delete them. The views that they've been applied to are not dependent on them. The templates just change the view's settings to match the template's settings when applied.

You can then create new ones as needed.

mmiles
2010-07-28, 02:16 PM
What about selective transferring of view templates? It would be nice to have two or three that could be added to the template file without adding extraneous, project/user specific view templates. Is there a way to do this? I have thought of opening a new file, transferring the project view templates into it, then deleting all but the 2 or 3 desired and then transferring those to the project template. Just wondering if there is a simpler way?

aggockel50321
2010-07-28, 03:10 PM
If your new project is opened using your current template, once you transfer in and then delete the unwanted templates, you can save that project as your project template.

mmiles
2010-07-29, 02:29 PM
ahh good idea. thanks!