PDA

View Full Version : Checking duplicates

pomalt13
2010-07-28, 04:37 PM
Hi again!

How to check duplicate elements (of course placed on the same place ) in Revit :

Ex: I've placed on the same place two types of ceilings but no warning from Revit has happened

wmullett
2010-07-28, 04:50 PM
Learn to use your review warnings. It will show you where you have duplicate elements .... and many other issues.

patricks
2010-07-28, 05:10 PM
The trick is knowing which ceiling is hosting your lights so that you don't accidentally delete the wrong one.

Also there seems to be a bug associated with existing demolished ceilings and new ceilings. If you have an existing ceiling in an existing space, demo the ceiling, then come back with a new ceiling on the New phase, it throws up a warning that you have identical instances in the same place, even though no ceiling existed on the new phase before adding the new one.

I'm not sure if this only affects ceiling or other objects also, when you demolish an element and put the same element back again in the new phase. Walls do not appear to exhibit this bug.

pomalt13
2010-07-29, 07:55 AM
Hi & thanks !

Actually, it was by mistake that i've put a ceiling type over another on the same place... i was worried if it could happen again ?! ...

patricks
2010-07-29, 12:47 PM
Well it could, but it should generate a warning if it's the exact same ceiling type at the exact same height as the one already in place.

If it's a different ceiling type, or at a different height (or both) then no warning will be generated. But if we're talking about different ceiling heights (one above the other in the same room) then you should easily be able to find those by cutting a few sections.