PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Naming Based on Room Number?

bracey.d
2010-07-28, 08:09 PM
I'm worried the answer to this question is that I should post it in the wish list, but...

Is it possible to automate the naming of interior elevation views to be based on the room number in which they reside?

Or

Does anyone have any good working methods for efficiently renaming elevation views based on room number. Is it possible to use a view list or some kind of schedule to display elevation view names and the room info?

I have a project with hundreds in interior elevations, the current process of using a printed plan with elevation symbols showing view names and a view list to rename them is very time consuming. Any suggestions?

Scott Womack
2010-07-29, 09:49 AM
Nope, the only way might be to create a routine using the API, but other than that, no.

wmullett
2010-07-29, 12:45 PM
I think this is a process issue. Renaming views after you have more than a few is very hard to do. We rename the view as soon as we create it. We use a lower case name because the name on the sheet will be different than the browser name. We also assign the view to a different sub-folder so that it moves out from under the ? in the browser....

I consider any view that is under the ? to be elegible for deletion.