PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Edit Time

jhs.222310
2010-07-29, 10:17 AM
I have done a search .........

Is there anywhere where the total drawing edit time is stored? - I can see history etc, and in ACAD there is total edit time - can't find it in revit so it might not be there!

TIA

James

eric.piotrowicz
2010-07-29, 02:08 PM
There isn't anything like that in Revit and I'm not really sure what it was useful for in AutoCAD. It never really reported editing time, just total time the file was open. It could easily have been opened to copy a detail and accidently left open all day thus increasing the editing time by 8 hours even though nothing was actually edited.

patricks
2010-07-29, 03:18 PM
If this is for recording time worked on a project for your payroll timesheet, just look in the Journal files. I often do this when I go a few days without recording my time. Find the Revit program file under C:/Program Files, look in Journals, and find the file for the day in question. Click and drag the scroll bar down a little at a time to see about when you opened and closed various files.

Like Eric said, though, a file could be open for a long time without anything done to it, but I still find this to be a decent approximation.

sthedens
2010-07-29, 04:01 PM
Back in the day (like when A Flock Of Seagulls were cutting-edge) we had a CAD system that would track session time and cpu usage time. The CAD manager at the time would use the ratio of the two to determine who his "power" users were. If you ever achieved 20% cpu time, you received the label of a "power" user (not that it meant a pay raise or anything).

Once users realized this, they would perform a cpu intensive task (like drawing regeneration) repetatively. While the computer is cranking away, they'd go make a phone call.

DoTheBIM
2010-07-30, 02:08 PM
....Once users realized this, they would perform a cpu intensive task (like drawing regeneration) repetatively. While the computer is cranking away, they'd go make a phone call. If it was work related then they were more efficient :p. Probably not though.

duhvinci
2010-08-26, 08:05 PM
You might have a look at my CadTempo program - It works by capturing the amount time a user is actively editing a drawind as well the amount of time the drawing is open. By doing this you can easily determine the efficiency of your drafters/designers.

It records multiple users that access the drawing and maintains separate values for each user.