PDA

View Full Version : Bug with existing demolished and new ceilings

patricks
2010-07-29, 12:50 PM
Just wanted to report this here, as I've already filed a SR on the issue.

If you have an existing room with an existing ceiling that you demolish in a New phase, and then come back and place the exact same ceiling type at the exact same height as the demolished one, Revit will generate a warning saying there are identical instances in the same place, even though each ceiling exists in different phases. The only time you would see the overlap is if you set a view to Show All, or Show Demo + New.

I tried similar operations with walls and wall-hosted families, but none exhibited this same problem. It seems to only be ceilings affected.

*edit* this is in 2011, not sure how far back this goes, probably all the way to whenever phasing was implemented in Revit.

Andre Carvalho
2010-08-05, 03:41 PM
Patrick,

My issue involves walls as well. Here's what I've found: (Revit Architecture 2011)

- If you create a wall in Existing phase and set it to be demo'd in New Construction phase, you can later create a new wall (in New Construction phase) on top of it and no warnings related to walls overlapping will pop up. This is the expected behavior. But if you select the existing wall being demolished and set it to not be demolished anymore, still no warnings related to walls overlapping will pop up, although now both the existing and new wall are overlapping! This is not the expected behavior.

- If you create a wall in the Existing phase, then later add a wall overlapping it in the New Construction phase you'll have the warning as both walls are overlapping. This is the expected behavior. But if you select the existing wall and demolish it in the New Construction phase (so they won't overlap anymore), the warning still remains. This is not the expected behavior.

Anyone else found this?

Andre Carvalho