PDA

View Full Version : Views appear to disappear from project

kanderson
2010-07-29, 07:57 PM
Have recently seen this behavior in 2011

Open a project and go to a view or a sheet
It appears to be empty or missing; in fact it is zoomed extents and there is some piece of annotation (have seen tect and also a room tag) floating out is space.
Delete that and it goes back to normal.

The first time it happened, I thought it was user error and someone has somehow put text out in space so I deleted it and it was all good. It was strange because it happened to numerous views and it was a view specific item each time. Then it happened again to the same view I had fixed and that I was sure no one else was working in.

Then it happened to someone else on a different project with only 2 experiences Revit users on the team.

Has anyone seen this? Any clue what is happening?
Thanks! Katie

wmullett
2010-07-29, 08:29 PM
Instead of deleting a room tag that is "out in space", enable the leader. You may find a room that is out there and not bounded that was tagged by tag all. Review warnings will help with issues like that too.

I hate Press and Drag. Users that keep that on sometimes move things unknowingly.

kanderson
2010-07-30, 02:12 PM
Thanks- good thinking. I also noticed it with text out there. I am going to paly with press and drag and see if that could be the culprit. That has caused some probelems in the past I know.