PDA

View Full Version : choppy walkthrough fixes?

yancey
2010-07-30, 12:29 PM
we have completed a project and would like to produce a walkthrough to show at the grand opening. in the past we have exported and used the codex compression, but now after the upgrade i notice that is no longer a option. now the exact same walkthrough path and settings are choppy. we are running 600 frames at 15 fps. what am i doing wrong?

cliff collins
2010-08-02, 09:00 PM
try 30 fps.

15 will make it "choppy"

cheers

mjennings754028
2017-08-02, 07:01 PM
Maybe I'm missing something. :( I have it set at 600 frames/ 30 FPS and it's still choppy. I've tried decreasing the frames to 480/ 30 FPS, increasing 900/ 30FPS. I've even tried adjusting the FPS and the accelerator. Nothing seems to change the "choppy" playback. One thing I have done that seems to help is add more key frames. Any thoughts, suggesting or ideas are very welcomed! :)

david_peterson
2017-08-08, 03:33 PM
One thing we've done in the past to help with some of that is to do the export as .png files and combined them in Photoshop. This tends to help with the export errors. I've done a 2000 frame export that worked rather seamlessly, but I wasn't trying to render it high end, just with the realistic setting. But even at that, the direct export to an AVI file would crash.
As for the choppy video, what kind of graphics are are you using?
Just some random thoughts.