PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Elevation Tag Properties

ajayholland
2010-07-30, 07:49 PM
I cannot find where to modify the text position in 2011. I now agree the help files are inadequate. 2010 dialog included for reference.

~AJH

raalvare
2010-07-30, 08:45 PM
Because you can now create custom elevations tags, those controls no longer make sense and have been removed. The location of the text is controlled in the family editor.

ajayholland
2010-08-03, 07:07 PM
OK. I guess this means one must have a separate family for each type.

A related question:
Is it possible to create a custom elevation tag where the references stay vertical (similar to section tags) when the body is rotated?

~AJH

brethomp
2010-08-03, 08:36 PM
Is it possible to create a custom elevation tag where the references stay vertical (similar to section tags) when the body is rotated?

Nope, see this thread. (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=117673)

ajayholland
2010-08-03, 09:44 PM
Thanks. The intent of the family is for use as a photo reference tag, and not for elevations at all. It will be used to reference drafting views containing photos of existing conditions.

In this case an alternative solution is to place the tag orthagonally, and simply rotate the pointer! So far I am able to rotate a reference line using an angular dimension parameter, but I've not understood how to lock the pointer to that reference. Any assistance offered is appreciated in advance.

~AJH