PDA

View Full Version : Close up view of item from selectio tree in Navis 2011

abhibasu
2010-07-31, 02:09 PM
Is there a way to ‘Go To’ view an item by clicking on the item in the selection tree?

After finding an item using the search function in Navis (example a room number or door number), the item is highlighted in the selection tree. However in a complex building it is difficult to view the object. The current process I use is to use the ‘Hide Unselected’ operation and then zooming to the item and then unhiding the rest of the items. This is cumbersome for casual end users.

amixam
2010-08-01, 07:34 PM
After you select the object in the selection tree, hit the Home key on your keyboard. It will highlight and zoom into the selected object.

Cheers

abhibasu
2010-08-03, 11:45 AM
Thanks. This is indeed a nice feature.

Using the Home Key - Is this a Navisworks feature or a general windows feature?

Is there a way to control the appearance - like options to highlight selected and grey out other areas?

Is there a to way to control the positioning of the view?

Abhi

JeffHUK
2010-08-05, 11:35 AM
There is also the option of right-clicking the item in the Selection Tree and selecting Focus on Item.

It is worth noting that the Home key will only function in this way when the main view has keyboard focus. Manually selecting an item in the selection tree and pressing Home does not do anything, for example, because at that point the Selection Tree has keyboard focus. If you then click in the main view and press Home, the behaviour as mentioned by previous posters will apply. However, this strikes me as an oversight that we could correct for the Selection Tree specifically, so I'll log that as an enhancement.

To my knowledge, there is no way to control what occurs to the view when focusing.

Hope that helps,

Jeff