PDA

View Full Version : Overriding the Scale indication in Callout Views

mboyer
2010-08-02, 02:49 PM
There has got to be a way to override the scale in callout views. For instance; If I want the view to be NOT TO SCALE, how do I change the text to indicate this?

Galadriel
2010-08-02, 03:00 PM
Click on the scale and then in custom, then check the box next to display name and type "NOT TO SCALE".
I hope this is what you are looking for

Scott Womack
2010-08-02, 05:21 PM
Click on the scale and then in custom, then check the box next to display name and type "NOT TO SCALE".

The only issue to this is that you'll need to do this for each view you want to say NTS. I don't believe you cannot apply a custom scale name from one view to another.

gzochowski
2010-08-02, 06:32 PM
I found a little work around. I made a legend view with a scale like 1"= 400' and than drew a small circle in it. than placed this legend view (which we name "As Indicated") on the sheet and the Scale will say "as indicated". Our details are labeled as NTS. So far this is working fine.

dhurtubise
2010-08-02, 07:06 PM
I found a little work around. I made a legend view with a scale like 1"= 400' and than drew a small circle in it. than placed this legend view (which we name "As Indicated") on the sheet and the Scale will say "as indicated". Our details are labeled as NTS. So far this is working fine.

Just use a custom Viewport Title that wont display the scale but text that shows not to scale.