PDA

View Full Version : Revit Render Problem

01chang
2010-08-03, 01:22 PM
Good Day:

I have a problem for the rendering. Please see attatch picture for your reference. I tried to render a project, however, I found my building's material color just use my background color not the coloer and image I selected. Anyone has any answer or same experience? Thanks for your help!

dhurtubise
2010-08-03, 09:33 PM
Were missing the image.

01chang
2010-08-05, 09:12 AM
Sorry, here is the image.Please take a look. Thanks!

01chang
2010-08-05, 09:14 AM
Here is the image again.

trombe
2010-08-05, 09:58 AM
Hi,

I have not seen this behaviour before however I think its worth re-checking your wall material to ensure it is still what its supposed to be and, if a trial produces this again, turn off the background colour / color and trial render again.
Sounds dodgy but try deleting this scene completely, and setting up another one to see if you can clear the problem - closing and re-opening Revit if necessary.
Also this post is best suited to the Rendering sub-forum.
regards
trombe

01chang
2010-08-06, 04:00 AM
thanks! Sorry for the inconvenience for putting this in wrong forum.

Yes, I already did what ever you said. The problem is still there. Don't know what to solve it. The only thing I can think about is redo the whole model again.

martijnderiet
2010-08-06, 10:05 AM
thanks! Sorry for the inconvenience for putting this in wrong forum.

Yes, I already did what ever you said. The problem is still there. Don't know what to solve it. The only thing I can think about is redo the whole model again.
Well, I wouldn't go to such drastic measures just yet. Try these:
Go to a 3D view, turn everything on, cut and paste alligned. I usually find this to delete unexpected and unexplained errors.
Did you try to render while using another wall type?
Try linking the file in another project and override the used materials etc with the ones in the host file.

tropitech
2010-08-06, 11:28 AM
without sounding too obvious, have you -
deleted, renamed and reapplied your material?
tried rendering on a higher setting? (draft gives terrible results)
checked your graphics card for compatability?
upgraded graphics drivers or windows?
applied revit updates?
tried changing revit's (albeit limited) graphics options?
tried rendering on another machine?

the more info you can give the more likely you are to get help.

brethomp
2010-08-06, 12:53 PM
I have never seen anything like this before. Could you post an image of the Render Appearance tab for the material that is on the green walls?

Have you tried copy/paste of just one of those green walls to a new blank RVT file, and render there?

01chang
2010-08-10, 10:52 AM
thanks for all your reply. I will post the more image for your reference.

mthurnauer
2010-08-10, 01:34 PM
Maybe there is an improper setting for reflectivity on your material. It could be that it is set to 100 percent reflective and it is reflecting your scene color.