PDA

View Full Version : Mouse stops working, hope it's not Revit

Andre Baros
2004-12-16, 09:13 PM
I added two Revit to two machines this week, other than that nothing has changed on either one.

On machine 1, after several minutes of working just fine (30-60min) you can no longer left click in Revit. I was at the users station demonstrating how to use the linework tool and suddenly it stopped working. Right click and the middle mouse still work. The problem persists outside of Revit.

On machine 2, after several minutes of working just fine (20-30) the left button selects everything on screen when you left click. For example, double clicking on the desktop opens every folder on the desktop and launches every application on the desktop. The problem starts while in Revit, but then again, Revit is the only application being using for long stretches.

Restarting solves the problem (but you have to get there with the keyboard) for both machines. Changing the mouse driver on one of them didn't change anything. One machine is XP, the other is win 2k. It happens when Revit is the only app running.

It's kinda funny until you try to fix it.

Anyone else see anything like this?

BillyGrey
2004-12-16, 11:33 PM
Almost sounds like a virus.

I've never heard of this condition.

Andre Baros
2004-12-17, 12:18 AM
I've scaned with out usual Norton (which is supposed to be running constantly) and with Trend's Housecall. No dice.

hand471037
2004-12-17, 01:49 AM
Wow, never heard of or seen that. What kinda mice are they? Are they fancy ones that have drivers that can launch programs and such? Maybe you downgrade the driver to the generic wheel mouse one that comes with Windows and see if it helps at all...

Andre Baros
2004-12-17, 02:11 AM
One of them had the Microsoft Intellimouse software installed, getting rid of that didn't change anything. The other is a wireless Logitech using the default windows drivers. Both have been in place for a while. A third person has now reported that their desktop icons were all moved to one corner (as if the display resolution was changed to much smaller and then changed back) except that they were working in Acad and didn't change the resolution... on a positive note, that user doesn't have Revit installed.

Allen Lacy
2004-12-17, 02:10 PM
Could it be spyware or malware? We had a computer here that was "taken over" by spyware. Try running AdAware (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/) and Spybot (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html), two pretty good anti spyware programs.

Scott D Davis
2004-12-17, 07:13 PM
Uh oh....We just had a user here have a similar problem. One click on a desktop icon, selected everything, and started creating shortcuts to everything that was already on her desktop. The only program she had open was Word. (Revit is installed on her machine...)

aggockel50321
2004-12-17, 07:29 PM
Do you think it might be the hardware acceleration issue that came up with release 6.0?? (had to turn off hardware acceleration)