PDA

View Full Version : RST 2011 to ASD 2011 - Steel Element Database

ynot
2010-08-06, 02:28 AM
When you first transfer a RST steel model to ASD you get asked to 'map the elements' (in ASD) which for us clarifies the naming of each member.

For example: in RST a steel square hollow section is named 150x150x5.0 SHS but in ASD it's named SHS 150x150x5.. The ASD 'mapping of elements' dialogue box asks for the user to clarify the members are the same. Not a big problem but it would be nice to streamline the process.

Does anyone know where the ASD member database is located & how to edit it (with MS Access or similar)? Is it even possible? I know you could do it with ASD 2010 but I'm now using Win7&2011 so need your help..

m20roxxers
2010-08-08, 09:18 PM
The library has been converted to .xml it's in program data file under autodesk.

While you can open the xml in excell I am unsure of the format to change it as so far, I've used the database upgrade tool to create and convert my changes from 2010.

However would be nice if Autodesk would offer the solution to make changes in 2011 xml' files. Such as what editor and format do we need to make changes and saves. I sure it doesn't cost money.