PDA

View Full Version : Spot Elevation Text Flipping

emily.clark
2010-08-06, 05:37 PM
I have text in my spot elevation family indicating TOF, TOW, etc. When the leader direction is toward the upper side the text reads fine. When it points down the text on the bottom flips to the incorrect side.

I am attaching screenshots of the behavior and the family itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

t1.shep
2010-08-09, 08:16 PM
I have text in my spot elevation family indicating TOF, TOW, etc. When the leader direction is toward the upper side the text reads fine. When it points down the text on the bottom flips to the incorrect side.

I am attaching screenshots of the behavior and the family itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
I have also seen this behavior, and know that it only happens when you place text inside the spot elevation symbol family. Don't know how to prevent it from happening though... I tend to add text manually in the project after I place my spot elevations.
Hope someone has a better solution?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-08-09, 09:26 PM
I've seen this also but unfortunately I havn't found a better answer than don't point the tag that direction. :lol:

emily.clark
2010-08-13, 04:19 PM
I was hoping to not have to add text, but it looks as that may be the only answer. I have tried several different things to no avail.

Thanks for the responses.

DNP
2014-04-16, 09:20 PM
Consider creating two spot elevation types with "above and below" text locations...one used for when the leader is above the origin and the other would be when the leader is below.