PDA

View Full Version : Building and site not aligned

patricks
2010-08-09, 02:38 AM
Odd problem: I have some pads drawn in the topo in my site file that align to walls in my building file. I also have some floors drawn for sidewalks and parking lots in my building file that align with the CAD link in my site file.

Problem is that the pads in my site file don't align correctly with the walls when looking at the building file. And the parking lots in the building file don't align with the CAD link when looking at them in the site file.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the building link being slightly off-axis in the site model, or vice versa. When I align to any orthogonal edge of the building model while sketching the site model, I get slightly off axis warnings.

I'm guessing the problem is related to the fact that both files report the same angle from true north on the project base point - 178.582, but the project Location for each file reports a difference of 2 arc seconds for the angle to true north, a difference of .00056 degrees, less of a difference than the decimal value can distinguish.

It's very late in CD's, trying to get the final check set out this week. Do I just live with the fact that my building sections all have these "slots" in the linked topography on the south side of all vertical retaining walls? I'm afraid if I try to get it lined up now, it will throw off everything I've done so far on the site drawings showing existing, new, and demolished site work.

patricks
2010-08-09, 04:29 PM
Any suggestions?

patricks
2010-08-11, 03:36 PM
Nobody? It's pretty frustrating to draw something in my building model that is aligned to my site model, and then go into the site model and find it offset by 0.28 feet.