PDA

View Full Version : Export to Max/Viz

raphael.dunbar
2004-12-17, 01:38 PM
Hi all first post here :)

What is the best method for exporting a 3D model from Revit 7 to 3ds max, or even Viz? is there anything like what ADT 2005 has where you can link straight to Viz, with a .drf Viz file? Or even better a .max file. Why Autodesk cant add all their different file types to all their other software ?? :?

I keep seeing things said about this Revit / Viz plugin, could someone please explain how it works, and where is it etc? Is it just Revit and Viz linking between a .dwg file? As apposed to ADT that links between Viz with a .drf file?

narlee
2004-12-17, 02:02 PM
There is a Revit/Viz Plug-In that is a beta (unless they've released something on the new CD). The Plug-In works only with VIZ 2005. It's main advantage is Revit material carry-over (thank god). It works pretty well as intended (a couple glitches I've noted so far), but does not have the ability to bring in Accurender defined procedural materials (understandable). The final version is due out soon, I think.

Geof Narlee.

narlee
2004-12-17, 02:12 PM
Oops. The rest of your inquiry.

It is not a direct link (dwg is the go-between) and is a one-way link. You might be able to get a copy of the beta by requesting from Matt.Jezyk@autodesk.com.

I think the final version is due out soon.

Geof Narlee

Chad Smith
2004-12-17, 09:10 PM
What is the best method for exporting a 3D model from Revit 7 to 3ds max, or even Viz? is there anything like what ADT 2005 has where you can link straight to Viz
While the Revit/VIZ plugin does a great job, I too as an ex-ADT user would like to see the RVT files link directly into VIZ. I hope the developers don't stop now, but rather go that extra step for future releases and give us the direct linking.

The VIZ plugin is shipping with the 7.0 CD, check it out when it arrives.

Kroke
2004-12-17, 10:30 PM
Why can't they have the same for MAX? It doesn't seem that great if it's only for one program and one version at that. Argh.

narlee
2004-12-18, 12:48 AM
Chad: "I hope the developers don't stop now..."

Haven't seen them stop yet!!