PDA

View Full Version : Annotation Labels

bdumas
2010-08-09, 04:08 PM
I'm having trouble with a security device family with the annotation not displaying properly. The device is a simple electrical fixture with a square annotation shown as the plan symbol. I am trying to get the label to always display horizontally instead of rotating along with the device per the wall it attaches to. I have attached a jpeg showing the problem, as well as the security device family.

I've tried different ways of loading the tag. I put a label inside the annotation which is loaded into the security device family as well as created a separate generic annotation to load into the device family too. Neither option seems to work, the second option seems worse because I can't seem to control the location of the annotation.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

phyllisr
2010-08-10, 05:34 AM
Edit the annotation family itself (in your sample, is was named SSWallAnnotation). When it is open to edit, activate the Create ribbon and click Category and Parameters under Family Properties. Check Keep text readable then click OK. Load back into your host family. Finally, reload your host Security Device family into the project and the text will read only in the two coventional directions for typical CDs. Hope this helps.

raghu.sahaja
2010-08-10, 06:43 AM
I'm having trouble with a security device family with the annotation not displaying properly. The device is a simple electrical fixture with a square annotation shown as the plan symbol. I am trying to get the label to always display horizontally instead of rotating along with the device per the wall it attaches to. I have attached a jpeg showing the problem, as well as the security device family.

I've tried different ways of loading the tag. I put a label inside the annotation which is loaded into the security device family as well as created a separate generic annotation to load into the device family too. Neither option seems to work, the second option seems worse because I can't seem to control the location of the annotation.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

how to post in questionsss?