PDA

View Full Version : Keynotes in Drafting Views?

Jazzster11
2010-08-09, 05:08 PM
I'm guessing that it's just not possible, but does anyone know of a way to place keynotes in drafting views? Or is there another way to coordinate notes throughout a project?

Thanks.

- Alex

Dave Jones
2010-08-09, 05:21 PM
I'm guessing that it's just not possible, but does anyone know of a way to place keynotes in drafting views? Or is there another way to coordinate notes throughout a project?

Thanks.

- Alex

can't have keynotes in drafting views which is one of the reasons I don't use them any longer. (Drafting views that is)

Jazzster11
2010-08-09, 05:53 PM
So you just use detail views for even small scale detail (3" = 1'-0")?

We have been using drafting views for items such as tread details, railing details, bollard details, pretty much anything that isn't worth us modelling.

Thanks for the quick response.

- Alex

Alfredo Medina
2010-08-09, 06:18 PM
Keynotes work fine in drafting views. First load detail components in the project, then, drag these components from the Detail items section of the Project Browser into the Drafting View. Then, you can apply your keynotes on the detail items.

wmullett
2010-08-09, 06:46 PM
And as I posted elsewhere, if you don't have a detail family, create what we call an IDF (invisible Detail Family). Just a generic family with an invisible circle in it. When placed in a 2D detail, you can't see it but you can add as many keynote (user) tags as you want with free end leaders that you move.