PDA

View Full Version : Work Plane Grid Revit 2011

phyllisr
2010-08-10, 05:11 AM
When preparing to deploy Revit 2011, I indexed our template using Ideate and noticed that Work Plan Grids appear when you index the complete project. This is new to 2011. What are all these multiple copies, how did they appear in our template and how can I get rid of them? How is it possible to have more than one work plane grid in a drafting view?

Here are the really odd things I have discovered while trying to solve this.

They only appear in the list if I index the complete project. They do not appear when indexing any individual view.

When I check a single work plane grid in the Ideate window, I cannot delete it yet some will show negative spacing. How can a work plane grid have negative spacing?

Selecting by element ID does not allow me to delete them.

Looking forward to any insight on this issue.

aggockel50321
2010-08-10, 07:16 PM
Sounds like an Ideate thing, i.e., possibly work planes in Ideate are reference planes (or grid lines) in Revit?

phyllisr
2010-08-10, 10:46 PM
Sounds like an Ideate thing...

Ideate Explorer is one of those little jewels you can purchase as an Add-In. All it does is index the content in the project so nothing is "created" in Ideate. If it is reported in Ideate, it must be in Revit. So far, it appears that Ideate is reporting the workplane for every view created from each level which explains the duplication under plan views. Still have not determined what is happening with the negative distance and the duplication for drafting views.

Ideate is one of my favorite DA Management tools. We only have three licenses because in the wrong hands, it could be dangerous. But it is totally great for finding junk and swapping stuff. Even indexes stuff in legends like text and dimensions that you cannot grab with a Select All Instances. Allows you to globally swap a bunch of stuff without doing the legends separately. Worth the price of a license if you manage and maintain base building models for years and years through multiple upgrades. MIght be worth checking...

http://www.ideateexplorer.com

aggockel50321
2010-08-11, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the info, Phyllis.

Sounds like it might be a big help here...

phyllisr
2010-08-11, 03:49 PM
Was finally able to solve the issue and now understand what Ideate is finding. The <not associated> was our internal error. We had a 3D view with no work plane. The unnamed work plane grids are listed for views that do not have an automatic work plane grid assigned like elevations. Mystery solved.