PDA

View Full Version : Counting items

adeuley
2010-08-10, 01:41 PM
I am trying to figure out away to count items in an area. My company does IT designs and we have serving zones. Sometimes these zones contain only part of a room and they usually contain part of the outside of the building. I know I can easily count things by room or space but those don't let me count the items placed on the outside of the building and doesn't let me only count part of a room. Thanks.

cliff collins
2010-08-10, 01:51 PM
You could use a Floor to define areas in a portion of a Room, and then create a Schedule
for Floors. Or, create a custom Area Plan--with areas defined for portions of rooms/spaces.

Items on the outside of the building could be created with Families and then Scheduled.

Hope that helps?

cheers

adeuley
2010-08-10, 03:44 PM
I thought of using an area plan but the problem i ran into is I can't figure out how to count items within that area. I figured I would have to use a multicategory schedule and then Select the Area name and the the parameters of the items I want counted but I can't select the area name as a category. And it is the same problem for the families that are placed on the outside of the building. They would need to be part of those same areas.