PDA

View Full Version : Line thickness of Fill patterns

stephanschneller
2010-08-11, 01:31 PM
Hi,

Im using filters and phases to distinguish between different types of walls (new, existing, to be demolished etc.)

What I've noticed is that even though I use the same Material/ fill pattern the line thickness of the 'hatch' is thicker when using the filters/ phases overrides...and that's quite annoying. (Pls refer to attachment)

Has anybody else noticed this and is there a way to control this?

Regards,

Stephan

stephanschneller
2010-08-12, 07:21 AM
Morning guys,

noone ever had an issue with this?

no?

Regards,

m20roxxers
2010-08-12, 10:06 AM
It's dependant on different line weights in this case the object styles cut line weight for the walls I imagine is bring used. You have to set these up very carefully, you may it worthwhile to half tone your objects then set your half tone to thin lines. Then you can control the lineweight by adjusting the line style of the thin lines.

Sounds complicated and it is but it works.

stephanschneller
2010-08-12, 10:17 AM
M20roxxers,

Thanks for your reply, but I think what you referring to is the thickness of the outline of the wall only?

My problem is more that I cannot adjust the thickness of the 'fill pattern lines'

As you can see on the attachment of the original post the thickness of the lines that make the fill pattern/ hatches are different.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Stephan

Scott Womack
2010-08-12, 10:25 AM
When you "Override" a wall by Phase or especially by Filter, it is for the most part being applied to the "whole Wall" Thus the fill patterns get the line weights applied as well. You might be able with the judious use of worksets/filters to achieve a better result, but it will take disapline on the part of the modeler(s) to get there.

stephanschneller
2010-08-12, 10:33 AM
Thanks Scott,

That's what I thought originally but changing the thickness for 'cut lines' doesnt seem to affect the fill pattern (filters as well as phases)

If you look at the attachment the wall in the middle (overridden by phases) the outline is very thin but the lines of the fill pattern are still quite thick ;(

Could there be another setting?

Regards,

Stephan

SCShell
2010-08-12, 12:37 PM
Hey there,
To cheat the line thickness of fill patterns, I just us shades of gray rather than the stock black.
It works fairly well as a work around.

Hope this helps a little.
Steve

stephanschneller
2010-08-12, 12:52 PM
Steve,

But than you would have to print in 'greyscale' which effects all other elements as well?

Regards

narlee
2010-08-12, 01:12 PM
I LIKE the idea of being able to control (increase) line weight of patterns, if it WASN'T dependent on being in a different phase. Is THAT possible?

twiceroadsfool
2010-08-12, 01:18 PM
Not with cut patterns... Only with filled regions. You can control the lineWEIGHT of cut patterns, if you dont use Lineweight 1 for anything else.. But thats it.

stephanschneller
2010-08-18, 07:42 AM
Just had some feedback from our support team.

Basically for Revit 2010 all fill patterns are dictated by model line weight '1' (as mentioned above) apart when using filters and phases which are dictated by line weight '3'.

That's quite strange but at least there is a workaround.

Apparently in Revit 2011 all fill patterns are dictated by line weight '1'.

Regards,

Stephan