PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD link file will not plot

Amy_Bloss
2010-08-11, 07:30 PM
I have a building section with an AutoCAD link of some equipment in it. I can see the link in the view and at sheet level. Go to plot the sheet.......AutoCAD link doesn't show up or plot.

Any ideas what might cause this or how to get it to plot?

Thank you!

cliff collins
2010-08-11, 07:38 PM
Try printing a PDF. Does the Cad show up? If so, print the PDF.

I'm not sure why it's not printing directly from Revit.

Have you tried Vector and Raster settings in your printer driver?

cheers

Amy_Bloss
2010-08-11, 08:01 PM
It works using raster to any printer and PDF, the only issue is the AutoCAD link portion of the PDF is super pixilated. So I'll play with the resolution settings on that and see if it comes out better.

But why won't vector work (not for the KIP or any of our HP's)? I have AutoCAD floor plan links and they work with no issues. Does Revit not like a 2D AutoCAD file in the Z direction for printing in vector? It's just a lowly 2D AutoCAD file. :)

cliff collins
2010-08-11, 08:08 PM
I suspect it's something with the Cad import in the section view.

If the plan views with dwgs work fine, the section should as well. There's nothing very different about sections in Revit. However, you might see where the cad dwg is placed in terms of its workplane? In plan views, I often see users who claim they imported or linked in a cad dwg into a plan view, and then say "it's not there--or why doesn't it show up"
only to discover it's 1200' above Level 1. So--based on that theory, perhaps it's worth seeing "where" the cad dwg. is in the section?

Perhaps it is out of the view depth/clipping plane of the section view?

just a thought

cheers