PDA

View Full Version : Sloped ramp (floor) shown twisted?

ROBinHI
2010-08-11, 08:25 PM
I am creating a sloped parking ramp by using the floor tool with sloped arrow to set the slope properties. Basically I have ramps going from one level to the next. I am getting undesired results where the ramp joins the floors at both base and top levels which show the ramp being a little twisted and it does not appear to be flush with the floor at the join.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? If its possible to correct or not? If so how can I correct it? or should I be creating this using a different method?

Thanks.

patricks
2010-08-11, 08:42 PM
Are these curved ramps? I would set the height at the bottom and top using the point editing tools, which will make the bottom and top edges level and will warp the floor and connecting edges to match up.

ROBinHI
2010-08-11, 08:48 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention... yes it is a curved ramp. Thank you I will try that!

patricks
2010-08-11, 08:50 PM
Works beautifully for curved ramps, as well as a curved sloping slab in an auditorium where the front and rear edges of the seating area are level, but different heights.

ROBinHI
2010-08-11, 08:58 PM
Forgive me, but where can I find the point editing tools and are they used during sketching the ramp of after the ramp is created? Also, does the slope tool still need to be used if point editing tools are used to specify elevation?