PDA

View Full Version : Can't load model until xxxx syncs and you reload latest

troy.crandell635379
2010-08-12, 09:25 PM
I've done searches on this topic before but never gotten a good answer. I have users that will try to open a model but get an error stating they cannot open the model because a different user is editing a certain element or workset and until that user syncs and they reload latest they will not be able to open the model. Sometimes the accused user hasn't even been in the model for a week or more. So A: why does this happen? and B: How do I keep this from happening again. :banghead:

cliff collins
2010-08-12, 09:30 PM
I suspect that a user did not relinquish worksets and closed the model, leaving worksets
checked out.

Open the model, go to Worksets dialog, check all 4 boxes at lower portion of window, and scroll thru the whole list. This shows who has ownership and who is a borrower of all worksets.

You can start a new Revit session, and change your user name to the name of the user who has worksets checked out, then Synch to Central and relinquish.

That should do it.

cheers

troy.crandell635379
2010-08-12, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the reply Cliff. I think it's more complicated than that. If I have a user who's been out of the model for more than a week and there have been no problems in that time, then suddenly an error pops up saying that that user needs to sync and relinquish? That doesn't make sense. I can understand if the error popped up everytime you tried to open the model but after a week? I understand how to fix the problem, I just don't know how to prevent it. This happens at least two to three times a month.

wmullett
2010-08-13, 01:17 PM
I understand how to fix the problem, I just don't know how to prevent it. This happens at least two to three times a month.

Sounds like you need to set some standards for your users because that is where the problem is.

troy.crandell635379
2010-08-13, 03:22 PM
Again, I could understand if it happened everday, if someone was failing to relinquish worksets on a consistent basis, but this is random. What's even more puzzling is I can log in using the user name of the person who has supposedly not relinquished and Revit will then list a different user as needing to relinquish before I can get in. So it doesn't matter who I log in as Revit gets caught in this weird loop of users having control of worksets and I can't get back into the model until I detach it from central and remake the central file.