PDA

View Full Version : "Thin Lines" and exporting JPEGs

drubinoff
2010-08-16, 04:51 AM
Hi,

Typically I don't have any problem exporting raster JPEGs from Revit 2009 using "shading with edges" and "thin lines". At a resolution of 4000, I get a nice crisp image I can import into Photoshop for additional rendering.

However, a file that formerly did this right has ceased exporting JPEGs with thin lines: I'm getting bold edges now I don't want.

I've checked all the settings between the current file and the older successful file, and they settings seem to be the same.

I really can't fathom why Revit is doing this at the 11th hour. I've never had this issue before.

Thoughts? Please see the attached images: scheme 5 where thin lines stopped working, and scheme 4 where they did work in the JPEG export. Yes, I have thin lines selected in both views before I export.

Thanks,
Derek

drubinoff
2010-08-16, 05:05 AM
Found the answer by a lucky fluke (if we disregard the 90 minutes before the luck kicked in).

The problem I’ve been having exporting JPEGs with “thin lines” was because, under shadows/Advanced Model Graphics Settings, the “Edges” box had a Silhouette style of “wide lines” instead of none. Looks like my consultant had messed around with that box.