PDA

View Full Version : Sorting Parameters

francisco.alvarado
2010-08-18, 02:41 PM
I was wondering if there is a particular way to sort parameters in the properties box. For example let's say I have a shared parameters file with parameters SP1, SP2, SP3, ect, TX1, TX2, TX3, ect and JB1, JB2, JB3, ect. (they are all commom and text parameters). When I bring these shared parameters to a new project I want them to come show up in the properties box like this:

SP1 | "Value"
TX1 | "Value"
JB1 | "Value"
SP2 | "Value"
TX2 | "Value"
JB2 | "Value"
SP3 | "Value"
TX3 | "Value"
JB3 | "Value"

I think this is possbile because currently when I bring some in it they do come up like I need them and others do not. Is there a particular order that the shared parameters need to be created and brought into the project for this to happen.

Thanks,

Francisco

Dave Jones
2010-08-18, 03:12 PM
I was wondering if there is a particular way to sort parameters in the properties box. For example let's say I have a shared parameters file with parameters SP1, SP2, SP3, ect, TX1, TX2, TX3, ect and JB1, JB2, JB3, ect. (they are all commom and text parameters). When I bring these shared parameters to a new project I want them to come show up in the properties box like this:

SP1 | "Value"
TX1 | "Value"
JB1 | "Value"
SP2 | "Value"
TX2 | "Value"
JB2 | "Value"
SP3 | "Value"
TX3 | "Value"
JB3 | "Value"

I think this is possbile because currently when I bring some in it they do come up like I need them and others do not. Is there a particular order that the shared parameters need to be created and brought into the project for this to happen.

Thanks,

Francisco

IIRC parameters are listed in the order that they are created. I don't believe there to be a way to re sort them

Alfredo Medina
2010-08-18, 03:12 PM
I was wondering if there is a particular way to sort parameters in the properties box. For example let's say I have a shared parameters file with parameters SP1, SP2, SP3, ect,

No. Some workarounds have been mentioned here sometimes, but at the end, neither one of them really works; as soon as you create another parameter, your list is out of order again. This wish is on the list, for sure.

francisco.alvarado
2010-08-18, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the input... this is what I feared. This should definitly be a wish item having them not sorted creates potential for user input error.