PDA

View Full Version : Totals on a wall schedule

dgt.mantis
2010-08-18, 03:18 PM
I have a wall schedule and it lists all my walls by type and their length. Great!

The problem is I am only interested in the lengths of two of the wall types. Can I delete or hide the other types without deleting the geometry in the model?

Also, how do I get the totals for the length? I have gone to the Fields category and under the Formatting option I clicked "calculate totals" for the length parameter but nothing comes up on the schedule.

Thanks in advance!

Alfredo Medina
2010-08-18, 03:26 PM
If you are interested in adding the length of just two wall types, you need a filter. Think of a value that those walls have in common, such as "Type Comments", which the other walls don't have, and based on that, make a filter, such as "Begins with", "Contain", "Ends with", etc.

For the totals to display, in addition to activate "Calculate totals" to the field, you also need to activate the "Grand total" option in the Sorting/Grouping tab of the schedule.

dgt.mantis
2010-08-18, 03:51 PM
Perfect! I filtered based on the assembly code and it worked like magic.

Now, how do I add the floor level and then sort per the level?

Alfredo Medina
2010-08-18, 04:03 PM
The Level parameter is not available for walls. You'll have to manually add it as a project parameter that applies to walls, and then add the value to your wall elements, and add the parameter to the schedule.