PDA

View Full Version : Line issue in Plan

craighowie
2010-08-20, 01:57 PM
Hi there.

I am baffled by the behaviour of the attached family (Exercise bike). Could someone explain to me why the outer edges are defined by 'wide lines' (Seen in green)

When I copy the bike into another project the bike behaves perfectly fine! Very confused...

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,
Craig

wmullett
2010-08-20, 02:02 PM
I didn't look in the family but have you looked at the object styles in your project?

craighowie
2010-08-20, 02:30 PM
Thanks again for your response wmullett

Yes I did have a look in the Object Styles, under Speciality Equipment! That did not help or explain why there is a 'wide line' on the edge of the exercise bike!

cdatechguy
2010-08-20, 02:52 PM
Oh....thats weird... :-?

I think your project file is hosed though,....as when I downloaded it, there was a corruption error....

But loading the family into a new project it works fine.

Even the elevation bugs are not working the way that they should.

Eric Stewart
2010-08-20, 02:54 PM
I don't know how you did it, but if you go to "Line Styles" and change the color/weight of "Wide Lines" you will see a change.

craighowie
2010-08-20, 02:57 PM
Thanks for your reponse Michael

Here the attachment again! Maybe it wont be corrupt this time...

craighowie
2010-08-20, 03:02 PM
I don't know how you did it, but if you go to "Line Styles" and change the color/weight of "Wide Lines" you will see a change.

Thanks Eric

Yes, I realise that if I change the "Wide Lines" that there is a change! What I don't understand is why and how the "Wide Lines" are there! Also have no idea why when I copy and paste it into another project, why it then is magically fixed, with no wide lines in sight.

Possilby its a bug and not me doing something wrong!

Ning Zhou
2010-08-20, 03:10 PM
set Sihouette Style to none should solve it.

cdatechguy
2010-08-20, 03:13 PM
I think something is goofy with your project file....as it works just fine when I insert the family into another project.

If I create a new floor plan on level one and insert the bike on there it works fine.....

craighowie
2010-08-20, 03:23 PM
Well thanks everyone for the reponses.

Yes there does seem to be something 'goofy' with the file so I am jsut going to have to copy the whole file over to another project. Bit of a mission, but should sort out the issue.

Thanks again
Craig

Eric Stewart
2010-08-20, 03:26 PM
Read Joe's reply. He found the issue.

craighowie
2010-08-20, 03:31 PM
Oh... lol

Okay so have no idea how I changed that without knowing!

Thanks guys