PDA

View Full Version : Demo void component and phasing

aorr
2010-08-20, 09:16 PM
Hello all,

I have been using this forum religiously to learn this program and it is an amazing resource. This is the first question I have posted here.

I have a project with multiple phases and design options. The question has been asked here before about creating a void that shows in the demo phase and displays properly before and after that phase. I did the following to try to accomplish this:

-I created a void extrusion as an in-place component family next to the wall I wanted to demo a portion of.
-I defined the phase of that extrusion as "demo"
-I cut that geometry from the wall to be demolished.
-The wall is set to structural as is the in-place component void extrusion.

My problem is that the geometry is clearly cut, but it the demo lines do not show in my demo view. It shows as solid in phases/views before demo, and as void in phases/views after demo as I would expect.

If I make the void extrusion non-structural, it shows correctly in the demo phase, but then it appears before the demo phase as an element distinct from the wall it is in.

I can't figure this one out for the life of me. I have a lot of selective wall demo in this project and I can think of no way around this one. I would appreciate any help with this.

Cheers, Adair