PDA

View Full Version : Customize project browser

Bryan Thatcher
2010-08-24, 06:38 PM
Is it possible to customize the project browser? I would like to add another level under documentation. Thanks.

craig.donison
2010-08-24, 07:18 PM
You can customize it to a certain extent, I believe. If you go the View tab on the ribbon, on the far right drop down the "User Interface" tool. Then click on Browser Organization. You'll see that there are a few default discipline templates already created that you can alter to your needs, or use them as a basis to create your own. I haven't played with it extensively, so I'm not sure just how far you can go with it. You'll notice that the customization is limited to views and sheets though. I've used it to organize the browser to sort varying elevations of a single building by design option, which cleaned it up considerably compared to the default layout.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-08-24, 08:49 PM
You can actually do quite a lot with custom browser organization, it works alot like schedules with filtering and grouping. If you can be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish there is a chance that somebody here has already done it and can walk you thru the steps.

dhurtubise
2010-08-24, 11:51 PM
I hope that helps
http://revitit.com/blog/?p=152