PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Activate View in Revit 2011

bryanm
2010-08-25, 08:18 PM
Hopefully someone else is having this problem and may be able to shed some light on it.

We are running Revit 2011 on Windows 7 - 64bit. This has happened several times but not with any consistency to be able to troubleshoot.

While on a sheet you cannot select a view to activate it. Usually you can right click on a view and select "Activate View". Also when this happens the view title disappears.

You can remove the view from the sheet and then place it back on the sheet and everything is ok. But obviously this isnt the way it's supposed to be.

?????

dhurtubise
2010-08-25, 08:23 PM
What if you go to another view and come back?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-08-25, 08:58 PM
You said that the view titles disappear, this is most definitely because somebody hid the view on the sheet. While the view itself is still visible, if you do a Reveal Hidden you will see the title and the crop region in that pink/purple color. Pick either and right click > unhide elements and close Reveal Hidden. Its some odd behavior that took a little while figure out but this has been the cause and solution everytime I've encountered this issue. :beer:

Jmickledesign
2010-08-26, 04:37 PM
When you pick on the view it should also give you a button to activate on the ribbon bar. I'm almost wondering that if you don't have the option to activate then maybe a view is already activated somewhere else.

Good Luck

eric.piotrowicz
2010-08-26, 05:53 PM
If you have a view active on one sheet and switch to a different sheet, when you pick a view and activate, the first view is automatically deactivated. The OP's statement about the view title disappearing makes me 99% positive that he is having the issue I mentioned above.