PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Trim setting

angelagran
2010-08-25, 09:42 PM
I seem to remember a trim setting that when you go into the trim command and right click it would select the closest physical line and trim to it.

What is that command called please?

Thank you for your help!!

Angela

byHISgrace
2010-08-26, 11:23 AM
I don't recall anything that worked quite that way, but...(the only thing I know that sounds close is) if you enter the trim command and right click twice it uses all lines as trim lines.

angelagran
2010-08-30, 02:00 PM
Yes, and I use that a lot. but I remember a command along the lines of trimedge or something like that, that allows to adjust it to where it trims to an "apparent intersection" or to the actual physical line. I used this command many moons ago (I think it was like ACAD 2000 or something like that).

neje
2010-08-31, 11:23 PM
whenever you have an autocad question (not ACA) you are better off asking in the autocad area - look under general design, as there are goign to be more readers who may be able to respond.

dzatto
2010-09-01, 02:37 PM
EDGEMODE is what you are looking for.

Controls how the TRIM and EXTEND commands determine cutting and boundary edges.

Uses the selected edge without any extensions
Extends or trims the selected object to an imaginary extension of the cutting or boundary edge

Lines, arcs, elliptical arcs, rays, and polylines are objects eligible for natural extension. The natural extension of a line or ray is an unbounded line (xline), an arc is a circle, and an elliptical arc is an ellipse. A polyline is broken down into its line and arc components, which are extended to their natural boundaries.

angelagran
2010-09-01, 06:17 PM
EDGEMODE!!! That is it!!! THANK YOU!