PDA

View Full Version : These views are just for QA, I don't want callouts!

Duncan Lithgow
2010-08-26, 10:54 AM
At the office here we are working on a large project (50,000m2) so there are a lot of drawing. I've made some views which are solely for coordinating and checking things, so I don't want callouts to them to appear everywhere - but they do. We can't realistically turn them off in every view except where they're needed. Of course if it was only plan views it'd be okay, but I have sections and elevations which should be hidden by default in other views.

So how do people deal with this?

m20roxxers
2010-08-26, 10:56 AM
You can create a type called Internal view for the callout then use filters to turn them off in views you do not wish to see them.

Munkholm
2010-08-26, 12:32 PM
and if my memory serves me right... when printing, you get the option to "hide unrefferenced callouts" (or something similar) :beer:

wmullett
2010-08-26, 01:26 PM
Right as Munkholm says, as long as the view is not placed on a sheet and if you check the hide option, the callouts will not print.

Duncan Lithgow
2010-08-30, 08:20 AM
Thanks for thsoe suggestions. For now we'll use the option at printout, I think the other option would be good if we need even more detailed control of printing callouts.

Thanks all!

Phillip_Miller
2010-08-30, 11:34 PM
What I do, especially if I'm not working with MEP or structural guys using Revit I select the call out and change the Discipline to structural or something else. That then hides it in all view as they are set to Architectural. If I need to get them back I change the view Discipline to Coordination as shown in the attachment.

Hope that helps.