PDA

View Full Version : Triangulation method?

aliya14
2004-12-20, 08:50 AM
Hello,
Could u plz tell me how do we work out the triangulation method in revit.
Regards,
Aliya

FK
2004-12-20, 06:44 PM
A little more specific, please?

aliya14
2004-12-21, 04:50 AM
Hello,
I meant the Triangulation method to calculate the area,normaally done for sites. the calculation method is very accurate.
Regards,
Aliya

beegee
2004-12-21, 05:36 AM
You are possibly referring to this post of David Conant's :-

Revit draws contour lines after it triangulates the toposurface. It finds a constant height path across triangles and draws the contour. contour segments When a sub-region is created, Revit re-triangulates so that triangles don't cross the boundary. Since this causes some shift in the triangles, it can also cause some shift in the position of contour lines. The effect will be most noticeable for gentle slopes where a small vertical shift can result in a larger horizontal one. In the surface itself, the change in elevation of any point on the surface due to re-triangulation is never more than an inch or two (2-5cm).As explained by LRaiz, also in that thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=72528#post72528), the triangulation area is dependent on the number of points that were used to establish the topo. To get smaller triangulation, you would need to define more spot levels for the topo.

HTH.

aliya14
2004-12-21, 08:29 AM
Hello,
I heard of a method thro' which we can calculate the site area using the triangulation method i want to know how this can be done,it is possible in adt.
Regards,
Aliya

Steve_Stafford
2004-12-21, 09:19 AM
What confuses me about your question is...what are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to know the area of your site? If you've already created a topo surface the area is already available in the properties of the site. or...are you trying to determine the area of your property? If you created property lines and they are closed Revit will calculate that for you automatically as well.