PDA

View Full Version : Wall sweep not showing up above opening

leeba
2010-08-26, 06:19 PM
I'm furring out an existing wall with GWB+tile. The tile is made up of four sweeps within the wall structure, one on top of the other.

Meanwhile, I've got an existing door, hosted on the existing wall, that needs to cut through the tile. So I created an opening in the new furring wall. The opening is 7'-4" tall (the exact height of the door frame).

Here's the problem: The topmost tile sweep does not show up above the door opening. Somehow, because the opening cuts through the sweep in one place, the entire sweep is not created.

Any ideas as to how I can get around this?

Image showing elevation and plan:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ztdb8l.jpg

Scott Womack
2010-08-27, 10:00 AM
Go into the sweep at the top of the wall, and make sure in that sweep, the Cutable is checked. It would appear that this is the issue.

Other trick, which our firm uses is to model the tile as a thin wall itself. Then use he join geometry tool for mating doors and openings appear. You may have to rehose toilet assceessories, and wall mounted fixtures though.

leeba
2010-08-27, 01:18 PM
Go into the sweep at the top of the wall, and make sure in that sweep, the Cutable is checked. It would appear that this is the issue.

Other trick, which our firm uses is to model the tile as a thin wall itself. Then use he join geometry tool for mating doors and openings appear. You may have to rehose toilet assceessories, and wall mounted fixtures though.

Scott,
Thanks for your reply. Cuttable is already checked in the sweep so this is not the issue. Any other ideas?