PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted objects in view

mrdavie
2010-08-26, 07:50 PM
while viewing the second floor plan I can see the outline of a vanity located on the third floor. The easiest way for me to get rid of the object on the second floor is to hide that element in the second floor view. Is that how you would do it?

Jmickledesign
2010-08-26, 07:53 PM
Im guessing the reason you are seeing this is because you have your view range set too high, and it needs to be lowered. Otherwise if that is ok you didn't happen to turn an overlay of the 3rd floor on in your second floor, did you?

mrdavie
2010-08-26, 08:00 PM
Im guessing the reason you are seeing this is because you have your view range set too high, and it needs to be lowered. Otherwise if that is ok you didn't happen to turn an overlay of the 3rd floor on in your second floor, did you?

The view range is untouched (default 4'-0"). How would I turn on or off an overlay of the 3rd floor? This project is a little complicated by the fact that it is a split level design so that one Sheet shows two floor areas at different elevations.

Jmickledesign
2010-08-26, 08:45 PM
To shut an overlay off you will have the view open and go to the view properties and there is a parameter for overlay, but this doesnt sound like your problem.

Since this is like a split level it sounds like it is your view depth. You could put a plan region over the place where it is acting up and change the depth to whatever would work. You can find this under the view pallete and then draw it over the area as you would a floor. This area can then be shown at a different view range than that of the view. (Manipulate it in the properties pane as you would the view depth.)

I will say though that if everything else in the view is showing up the way that you want it, it is probably just easiest to hide the few individual objects that are coming in at the wrong levels as you did.